Family 2013

Family 2013
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Monday, April 12, 2010

One year anniversary ! (and what the heck is w/ blogger ?)

The very last time we stood outside the famous gates :) We loved our time in Ethiopia, the people the sights and sounds were awesome.

Baby girl with  favorite special mother. Watching the tender goodbye, was heartbreaking :( I could see how much see loved my baby girl, and I ached for her having to let her go. The love they show the children is just so unselfish and amazing.






~Ok. this is so freakin maddening!  Blogger changed their format and I cant get my pictures to move or let me add text in between :(  what the heck???
~anywhoo, the next picture was baby girl seeing the doctor at Hannahs Hope before we left, if you remember she came home with that awful rattling. Doctor was super nice.

~Next picture was saying goodbye to our favorite guy at agci :) he loved baby girl and would hold her every chance he got.
~Almaz who is such an amazing lady !
~Meeting her siblings for the first time ! Yup, it was love at first site for all of them :)

~hmm, I had pictures of my son and hubby but they are gone. frustrating....

So happy to see so many families going back to Ethiopia again for another amazing child!!!! I wonder what GOD has planned for our family.........hmmmmmm.......

10 comments:

Renee said...

Happy 1 year anniversary..I remember waiting and knowing that you would be telling my T that his momma was coming soon. what a year its been for all.

Tisha Alexander said...

Great pictures and wonderful memories. I can't believe it has been a year already. This past year has just flown by!!!

Tara said...

can't believe its been a year time fkies, beautiful girl!!!!!!!

Alexandra said...

has it really been a year already?!??!? love those pictures :)

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

I think God has more children out there who need a family- just sayin'!!!!!! I am sure baby girl needs another sibling :)

Tricia said...

yeah...missed you and 'bout razzed you for a blog post ;) what an exciting on!
Love the pictures of the kids meeting her, just precious!

we ARE coming home late June (23-25-ish)

gaby said...

Ha, this is sooo funny! I checked your blog ALL day Saturday to see if you were going to post anything about her anniversary! :) I remember practically counting down the seconds until I could get out of work on Friday, April 10, 2009, only to find out your flight was delayed... It was so exciting watching for you, Michael and our beautiful Ethiopian princess to come off the tram thing at the airport!

Lisa Bates said...

I can't believe that it's been a year already. Wow!

JonesEthiopia said...

Wow, a year already! Congratulations.

Your post reminds me how much I love Ethiopia and how much heart longs to bring our next child(ren) home from there.

Mary Ann said...

I just found your blog! I keep up with you on FB, but I like blogs better! Happy 1 yr. Your little girl is precious! Both your girls are! Stop by and visit my blog sometime!;0)

"...Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT..." Proverbs 24:12

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -(Mahatma Gandhi)