Family 2013

Family 2013
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Plugging along...but not moving forward.

No. You can not share my dinner.



Color me frustrated. I called my adoption agency today. My social workers papers STILL have not made it. Seriously? How hard is it to mail a packet of papers in?? I am eager to start my dossier. THEN I will feel like we are making some progress forward to find our child. This sitting in limbo is annoying. I love my social worker, I do. She is a very nice person. But, her sense of urgency and mine, are not the same :(




We have decided to have several large yard sales to try to raise some funds to go towards our adoption expenses. Adoption is awesome, wonderful and life changing. It is not inexpensive sadly. If the costs were a bit lower I think more families would see it as an option to build their families thru. The NEED is there. So many children....all alone.

If you know me, you know I DO NOT garage sale shop. I DO NOT have garage sales. I would sooner poke my eye out. Seriously. Too much haggling. I love a good on-line deal. That to me is fun. But I will do everything I can to bring home our next child, so tonite I spent several hours putting little price tags on hundreds of items, knowing full well that someone will offer me .25 for an item marked .50 ..... sounds fun no!?!?!? Oy. Let the haggling begin.



My mom and inlaws have donated many items which is wonderful. Even my mother in laws best friends have donated items. Believe me it touches you, to know people believe in your journey. And are willing to do a little something to help out. I hope to have several more yard sales so if you have stuff, you need gone....think of me :)






My sweet Boo is reaching the twos. I hate saying terrible twos, because that sounds so negative. And honestly it can also span the threes LOL! She has been very whiney and yells at me in baby babble LOUDLY. I try to understand but when I fail to (which is often) she melts into a whiney, kicking puddle on the floor. Fun stuff :)


I came across pictures from our first christmas with Boo in Guatemala 2006 and then this year. Amazing. And wonderful.


.








here are some pictures from the last few days~



Papi and his baby. Boo LOVES her Papi


Cookie and her Peanut. Bug and the "coolest dried worm ever" Fun stuff.

No comments:

"...Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT..." Proverbs 24:12

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -(Mahatma Gandhi)