Family 2013

Family 2013
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Monday, April 21, 2008

What a day



"You want a white kid right?" ~Got your attention huh? Heehee... more on that STUPID comment in a minute.




I had no idea yard sales were sooooooooo hard!!!! I told you they are NOT my thing. We needed a whole day to recover :) We were up at 5am and pulled in the stuff that was left at 4pm. We did well though :) Around $500 for one day. That is good right? I have no idea. I have to say I was happily surprised at how kind and fair people were. Only 2 older folks stand out as being slippery..one lady intentionally gave me $10 when I told her her total was $11.50 I could tell by the way she looked at me then away she was waiting to see if I noticed she was ripping me off :( Yea, I noticed...creep. If she sleeps well at night knowing she is shorting me on a sale when the money is going to bring home an orphaned child, she is a lost cause no? The other older folks ( you gotta watch them LOL ) bought a BAG of Bugs beanie babies from her for $.25 each.They were for sale for $2 each. She told them they were on sale so they said "oh 4 for a dollar?" well she is only 6 !! They bought about 20 of them :( She was excited making a sale so I didnt tell her what they did to her. No one realized what happened until it was over. Oh well. She was quite a saleperson though. I was so proud of her and Peanut. Bug would catch new customers when they walked up and say "Can I interest you in anything on my table? I have Beanies and my brother has jewlery and dinosaurs you might like." Too cute. They did well for themselves also. It was a long day and they were troopers. I couldnt have done it without my mom and my inlaws. They came by bright and early to help out. My sister also joined in and put up signs for me. We plan to do it again Friday. Yes. That was me cheering you heard.....not.




No comments:

"...Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT..." Proverbs 24:12

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -(Mahatma Gandhi)