Family 2013

Family 2013
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Taking a breath


Boo at the park. Have blankie, time for nappy :)



Notice the section w/out lights? Too bad. I am over it :) HATE pre-lit trees.

Nana bought our new baby a L-Berger (sp?) baby basket just like
she has for each of the kiddos after my son. Aunt Mem started the tradition and it is fun to have it for each of the kids. I was so happy! I put all the baby treasures in it, and the kids love to look thru it and see tiny socks, first onesies, hospital bracelets and teeny footprints :) I took Boo's with us to Guatemala for our visit trip at 3 months old, and put her teeny foot prints on her basket. Baby girl, will have to wait until she gets home though, no way to get them earlier. THANK YOU Nana ;)

Boo excited about her "Baby Siser" !



My pampered pet riding in the baby sling.
Good thing I have 2 :)
~Wow. SO much going on my brain is fried. Holiday stuff, kid stuff, finance stuff, teeny baby stuff, paperwork stuff. Oye. We had a play date yesterday which was a nice break. I played the WII with the kids and had a ball. Kinda turned my mind off ;)
~Had a wonderful chat with our International Ped. She called me back in 24 hrs and confirmed our baby is healthy,happy and beautiful. She is growing nicely. I would have accepted without her confirmation. I had a lot more lab work for Boo's referral and I went with my gut and accepted without having her paperwork looked at by anyone. Children do not come with guarantees. My bio kids didn't. My children born of my heart don't. God picked us to be their parents. Good enough for me :)
~My SW signed off on our referral too. Next week we have our conference call. We will be officially off the referral list once our packet is received by our agency next week! YAY! SO happy we didn't have to linger at the #1 or #2 spot. That is HARD WORK. God knows I am weak and just surprised us ;)
~Amazon.com didn't re-box my sons Christmas gift that arrived yesterday. Thanks Amazon for trashing the surprise. Like I dont have enough to worry about? Now I have to stalk the UPS and Fedex guys? Nice. (after 2 adoptions they should be used to it LOL !)



5 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Oh Maria, I had to so laugh at the "stalking" of the delivery guys! I hate that they just leave the packages anytime and though I appreciate their hard work, it sure can ruin Christmas surprises! Happened twice to us already! Love the pictures and girl, that tree looks awesome :-)
Have a great weekend and just so happy and excited for you and your family. What a glorious time. God is good :-)
Blessings, Rhonda

Alexandra said...

the kiddos look so excited!! yeah!! And the one good thing about going away for christmas is having all the presents sent there. no worries about ruining surprises. good luck with the stalking! :)

and play WII as much as possible!!

Kristi J said...

such cute pic at the park..I don't know how to use a WII yet...some day Im sure...have a great weekend, kristi

Kendra said...

Congrats once again!! I do not open the door if the UPS/fed ex comes. I wait until A is looking then peek out.Our guys seem to be aware when they might be delivering presents. Don't they cover that in their training!!

Debbie said...

Love the basket idea. Wish I would have thought of something like that years ago.

I'm also in agreement about the pre-lit trees. I bought my first one this year out of necessity and when I plugged it in a row of lights were burnt out. It really doesn't matter though, because this is going to be a great Christmas regardless.

"...Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT..." Proverbs 24:12

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -(Mahatma Gandhi)