Family 2013

Family 2013
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Moved to tears


I have to tell you. I was a Barack Obama fan before. BUT now I am a huge fan. I rarely cry. Mr. Obama moved me to tears last night with his speech. I felt like we had a chance for things to finally start to get better. Now we are waiting for the "other shoe to drop" he gave clear plans, and ideas. He gets were we are coming from. He is NOT a rich politician. He is not a radical. He grew up in a white working class family ! Just like me ;) He cares for ALL Americans. America needs to embrace the dream. We need to take it back. We deserve better. Did you see Oprah was there??. She is intelligent. She cares for all people. It was amazing. If you didn't see his speech click here to read Oprah's take & watch it on MSN. Scroll down a bit on the Oprah page and you will see the link. I cant get the video to load, sorry..It was awesome. My neighbors who are older, say he reminds them of JFK and MLK and the dreams they had for our country..




:(



McCain is insulting. Votes with BUSH 90% of the time, has a millionaire wife, doesn't know how many houses he has, says Americans are a country of whiners, but he will provide change? Change is what I will be buying groceries with soon.. And his running mate? Wow. Women are so dumb we are going to fall for this? NOT. Didn't McCain's camp say the "VP" is just fluff anyway? I am not buying their fluff :( I WANT MY HARD WORK TO COUNT FOR SOMETHING. I WANT TO PLAN OUR FUTURE, NOT WATCH IT CRUMBLE.







3 comments:

Sig said...

you got an "amen" from me sista.

Charles said...

My wife led me to read this, and I'm glad she did. A few things:

(1)Barack Obama is a rich politician. What else can you be when you made $4 million last year, your wife made $300K, you live in a $1.5 million house, and you've been in elected office for the last 12 years?

(2)The JFK reference is true in ways: he's a young, charismatic senator, and he'll end up responsible for another Bay of Pigs type debacle. And I actually think he'd be the perfect person to assume the inspirational and motivational mantle of MLK.

(3)What's wrong with having a millionaire wife? Obviously there's nothing wrong with being millionaires, because the Obamas are. The houses belong to his wife, and they've kept their finances separate throughout their marriage. Why should he know?

(4)Phil Gramm said we are a "nation of whiners", and McCain apologized for it. Get the facts straight.

(5)McCain doesn't think women are dumb. Sarah Palin is from a "white working class family ! Just like [you] ;)" She got herself to college, then continued to live in a white working class family until she moved from the city council to the governor's mansion in just 10 years. She's intelligent, principled, and most of all, she's a reformer, just like he is. Aren't you thinking it's time that a capable woman got a real chance at this?

Why would your hard work not count for anything? Hard work counts for less with a tax system that rewards it with higher taxes and less incentive to succeed. Hard work counts less in a society where you can get the same things without the sacrifice.

Barack Obama is talented and full of ideas. I just don't think he has the integrity to back them up. Not to mention some of them (no oil in 10 years) are just laughable. Aside from promising every group in America that makes less than $250K everything they could possibly want with no way to pay for it (line by line through a 50000 page budget?), he hasn't offered much in the way of "change".

A New Kind of Politics

Amy said...

This is my first time reading your blog, but "you go girl!" Honestly, politics makes me sick. It's always Democrats versus Republicans - who are so opposite in our views. But it is refreshing to find someone who thinks like you do - I'm with ya!

"...Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT..." Proverbs 24:12

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -(Mahatma Gandhi)