Family 2013

Family 2013
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Because 2 people fell in love

Then~


And one of them is a slacker this is a day late :)

21 years ago my best friend Kim, set me up with her boyfriends, co-worker. On October 16, 1987 my hubby and I had our first date. We went to a bon fire on a chilly night. I bought myself a new "Gap white hoodie" sweatshirt which I thought was pretty cozy for the occasion. With that and my BIG hair ,tons of hairspray ,I was stylin ;P It was a great night, under the stars cuddling by the fire. 21 years later we are still together. We celebrate our first date as our REAL anniversary , because to us that is when we each stole the others heart. I knew dating Michael meant forever. All our friends have been married and divorced some several times..we are still together 21 years later. Married for almost 14 (next month) Has it been easy? Heck no , it isn't always easy ;) But it has been worth it. 3 beautiful kids later and one on the way.... GOD has blessed us. I love you Pumpkin ...

Happy 21st Anniversary :)

5 comments:

Jana said...

Isn't love great??

Anonymous said...

i like it :) your a good sil!

Mama Bear said...

That is awesome Maria. LOVE the family photo :-)
Hugs, Rhonda

Kristi J said...

Wow..21 years??? We're at 9 years and I'm still lovin my hubby!! I'm looking forward to still being in love at 21 years!!! Congrats. You guys are so cute...loved the pics..I had big hair disease too in the 80's (: We're back from the beach, kristi

Alexandra said...

congratulations! love your pictures! gotta love the 80s! lol I love hearing stories of people meeting and getting married. very romantic!

It's also nice to hear about people who have stayed committed to their marriages and families. I am only 23 and have friends who have been married and divorced. It's wonderful to see and hear that staying commited truly is a wonderful blessing. Thanks for sharing.

"...Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT..." Proverbs 24:12

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -(Mahatma Gandhi)