Family 2013

Family 2013
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happiness





I won a blog award :) No it doesnt come with any fan fare but it does make me happy! My new blog friend Alex who I met due to our political differences gave it to me. I enjoy her and her hubbys view point on the election, even though they are very different from mine ;) Her husband is well versed in politics. Its nice to learn something new. She is a young mommy to a beautiful little boy, and we DO agree on how important the title of Mommy is to us :) I will pass this award on to 2 ladies.

Liz I met thru my adoption of Boo. We used the same wonderful agency and have little Guat tots almost the same age. She inspires me because she is a mommy to 3 sons, a beautiful daughter with Downs, a beautiful daughter adopted from Guatemala AND now a brand new mommy to a 3rd beautiful daughter they have just adopted who happens to have Downs also. AND she is pregnant ! She is truly blessed and her heart for adoption and children with Downs syndrome makes her inspiring to me :)

Next is someone I met thru an Ethiopian board and chatted with only once or twice but I learn SO MUCH from her posts. Valerie is also adopting from Ethiopia. She helps us all to understand how to care for our black children emotionally , and how to live a life "outside our safe zones" and become part of the black community to help raise our children to be who THEY are meant to be. She has insights that make me think. Always a good thing :)





Boo and I couldnt find this naughty kitty...

we found him snuggled up in Bug's bed!




This kitty is a food addict and not kind to small

animals if given the chance, but he is SO perfect

to cuddle with. He makes the kids very happy.





Boo showing off her stickers "Nannie" gave her.



No adoption movement yet :)

3 comments:

Kristi J said...

Thanks for you sweet comment this week..all those sweet messages made the day much better...Loved the cute pics...kristi

Mama Bear said...

Ahhh, loved your post and what wonderful friends we have all made through the wonderful world of computers and cyber blogger land!

Have an awesome special day tomorrow and stay warm and safe.

xoxoxo Rhonda

VALARIE said...

Thank you so much for my award. I absolutely love it!

"...Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to ACT..." Proverbs 24:12

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -(Mahatma Gandhi)